The Terrapin Leadership Institute (TLI) is a 5-week (consecutive) leadership development program building your leadership confidence and tangible skills that can be applied to everyday life. Over five weeks, you’ll participate in
hands-on activities and critical dialogue with a small group of peers.
This semester, we are excited to offer four unique tracks of TLI:
TLI Introductory Track: Intro topics include leadership styles, ethics, identity, collaboration, and communication. Perfect for beginning and emerging leaders- No prior leadership experience
necessary! Choose from one of three weekly meeting times:
- Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00PM [October 1st to October 29th]
- Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00PM [October 2nd to October 30th]
- Thursdays from 5:30-7:00PM [October 3rd to October 31st]
TLI Plus Track: TLI Plus topics include authority and power, conflict management, personal and group responsibility, and sustainability. Perfect for current student leaders looking to take your
leadership and organization to the next level! ***PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have completed a previous Maryland LEAD program OR other leadership training/experience to register for this track.
- Tuesdays 7:00-8:30PM [October 1st to October 29th]
TLI for College Park Scholars Track: Uniquely for the College Park Scholars Living-Learning Program, this introduction to leadership will allow students to develop their personal leadership
styles within a Scholars-specific context. Students will explore topics such as leadership styles, ethics and integrity and collaboration, which are key tenets of the Scholars community values.
- Wednesdays 6:30-8:00PM [October 2nd to October 30th]
TLI Student Organization Track: This track focuses on organizational dynamics and development centered around structural, relational, and cultural aspects of student organizations. Perfect for
student organization leaders looking to lead and develop their organization.
- Thursdays 6:00-7:30PM [October 3rd to October 31st]
TLI sessions will be facilitated by student leaders in the Maryland LEAD program and will take place in various rooms within the Stamp Student Union and the Cambridge Community Center (for the College Park Scholars Program). All locations will be announced
once registration has closed. TLI will begin the week of October 1,
2019 and conclude the week of October 31, 2019.
Why sign up for TLI?
- Swag. Upon reaching certain benchmarks within the program you will receive the official TLI t-shirt.
- Certificate of Completion. Upon meeting the program requirements, you will receive an official certificate of completion.
- Letter of Recommendation. Receive a letter outlining the skills developed through TLI. This can be used when apply for jobs, internships, as well as campus or community organizations!
- Leadership Coaching. During TLI, you will have the opportunity to meet with a member of Maryland LEAD to receive personalized coaching. This serves a great way to hone your leadership skills, receive important feedback, and learn more about
yourself as a leader. Coaching provides the best way for you to get the most from your TLI experience.
- Build your Resume. TLI is a great experience to utilize when searching for jobs and internships. We'll even help you figure out how to include TLI on your resume and how to best communicate the learning and knowledge gained through TLI
for future applications.
Before completing your registration, please confirm your availability for all five session dates/times for the track you select. Contact
email@example.com with questions!
You will receive a confirmation email upon completing your application.